Friday, March 03, 2006

Worming my way in

Here I am, at the computer, a normal place for me, trying to figure out how to manage not only a web page that has shown how rusty HTML can become due to lack of use, but also trying to figure out how to get the blog running. If nothing else, this entry is a test to see if a post will go in, and whether or not I have scraped enough crust off to make an entry.
Exciting news at the Warren Lasch Conservation Center - announced that a best selling author is dropping 500K to help the FOH solve the mystery of the loss of the Hunley after she sent the Housatonic to the bottom. Great news for the FOH. Great news for anyone interested in the Hunley.
Of course, my diffidence now surfaces - I am an FOH, and had worked hard to get the word out about the remarkable machine. But being a bottom feeder when it comes to the publishing world, I fear that since my finances are in the red, I have nothing to offer the FOH but encouragement to all that surf through my web-page to take a trip to Charleston. And I would presume, no endorsement for my story either.
The power of money, and the frustration of trying to break through.
I stand by my dedication - They were brave men: Dixon, Ridgaway, Becker, Collins, Lumpkin. Wicks, Carlsen, and Miller. And their Convergence in Charleston for that night was a mission of Valor, and the beginning of a new age for the navies of the world.
Hail to the Hunley.

1 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Blogger Susan Higginbotham said...

Greetings from a fellow iUniverse author in Apex, NC. Keep on bloggin'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home